Monday, May 7, 2007

Why did Jesus come? Part 1

Why did Jesus come? Part 1

Jesus Christ came to reveal and show us the Father (God)

John 6:47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.” 8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

We see in Jesus Christ what God is like. We see His love and compassion for man in the way Jesus lived, spoke and ministered to others. In numerous ways Jesus tells us why he came.

John 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

To find pasture is to find a place where you can rest and live to the fullness of your hearts content. With the Shepherd watching over you (in this metaphor of the shepherd and sheep), you no longer need to be filled with worries, fears, and doubts because the master shepherd Jesus Christ is watching over you. The life he comes to give each of us is the more abundant life a life to the full. In the world full of religion life always has a sense of emptiness, a lack of peace and joy. But Jesus wants our joy to be full.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

We can be full of joy as we keep His Word His commandments. The utmost commandment is what? To love.

Not candy coated, sugary sweet, false love but genuine and pure love from the heart. Not looking for what can I get, But what can I give.

1John 1:3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full. 5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

God desire is for our joy to be full, our love to be complete, for our lives to be rich in Him these are just some of the reasons Jesus Christ came.

  1. Though He was rich he became poor for us so we could be rich in Him. (2 Corinthians 8:9)
  2. To show us the way, the right way
  3. To reveal to us the truth
  4. To guide us true living (the life)
John 14:5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

  • Without the way there is no right way.
  • Without the truth there is no being set free, no true knowing
  • Without the life there is no genuine living.

These are just the beginning and foundation of what Jesus came to do.

No comments: