Monday, May 7, 2007

Something Better then Religion Part 2

Something Better then Religion Part 2

Now continuing on in John chapter 8 we read this

John 8:13 The Pharisees therefore said to Him, “You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me.

Jesus did not judge according to the flesh (the senses) as men so often does and how religion always does. He judged according to the God's true light and will looking on the heart. This woman did not need condemnation, she already condemned herself in her heart she needed to be set free.

later on

John 8:26 I have many things to say and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I heard from Him.”

Jesus spoke then to this woman according to what he heard from his Father. Which was true. The religious leaders were blinded from truth by their hard hearts and religion.

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Jesus set the woman free not condemning her as the men in the record were. They sought to justify themselves by there actions which were not from a pure heart.

37 “I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 38 I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father.”

Now the truth is exposed these men did not have the genuine light of God’s Word in their hearts. They were living and speaking by the flesh.

So how does one get free of religion receiving Jesus Christ into one's heart and walking, growing and continuing in the truth which is in Jesus.

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

No comments: