Friday, March 7, 2008

Trip to India: Part 1 The impossibility of the Trip

Most likely as the reader you want to get right into the trip but their is some background that is vitally important to see how God was working in the situation so I could go.

Having been invited late summer 2007 by Ken Petty to go to India opened what was to be one very fulfilling and exciting opportunity but also my biggest challenge of the whole journey. This was at a Weekend in the Word in Denver with Sangat Bains, his wife Beautrice also Bhupender and Ashish also from India. Plus many believers from around the US.

The impossibility there was no way I could foresee how to come up with the time or money. My new business was having growing pains and strains.

Beautrice said to me during the weekend that I must make the decision to go or it would not happen. My clear decision was made to go. Over the next about five months. The impossibly of the trip at times seemed to loom over me. For moments of time it would seem such a heavy burden or mental pressure that two or three times I almost called Ken P. to say I would not be going. In my mind I knew this would take the pressure off. But this would also not let be trust that God would be my provider. So I refused those thoughts cast the worry, the care upon God and stayed at peace about it. In the end my need was fully met by an outside source. The only thing I had to come up with was my personal spending money, which was miniscule to the airfare and housing, vehicle transportation and food costs. Darlene P. gave me some good tips for packing my items it still took about 3 repacks until everything fit as needed in two bag and a carry on.

Little did I know this was only the beginning of doors God would open.

Next Preparation and first day of travel

No comments: